Living Spaces - Vip care plan is useless

I purchased couches and protection plan and now trying to use service because my couches are peeling. I called VIP care protection and they are refusing to repair, replace or offer store credit as stated on warranty coverage using some loop hole that its accumulative and damages are cause due to body oils and normal wear and tear.

Was i suppose to purchase couches and never use??? This is a waiste of service and money. I even tried to contact living spaces but was told basically its not their problem and that this is a third party.

My question is why do you sell this bogus warranty that is purchased and offered vy living spaces when they have such a bad reputation. You wouldntthink living spacing wouldnt want a third party tied to their name that is causing customers to not want to purchase from either companies.

Product or Service Mentioned: Service Usa Vip Care Protection Plan.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Living Spaces - Unprofessionl and terrible customer service with VIP Care

4.3
Style and Design

I bought VIP care when I purchased our couches because I have two little children and I knew I would need it. Of course as expected my kids spilled juice and water on the couches.

When calling to file the claim I was assisted by someone who was either eating food or chewing gum on the phone. She asked the same question multiple times as if she was not paying attention. I reported the stains and also reported to her the recliner was getting stuck when attempting to recline from a seated position. she asked if i knew what was wrong and I said I did not. she went ahead a filed the claim and told me I would get an email with a link to send pictures. That email never came.

When calling back five days later, I was told my claim was not approved and was the reason I didnt receive an email. My claim was not approved because she falsely documented I did not know what caused the stains on the couches. When I explained the story to the current associate and how unprofessional the last associate was, she became argumentative, started yelling on the phone because she thought I was talking about her.

When I asked for a manager I was placed on hold for a very long time. When the manager picked up I was told she would have to look into the matter and review phone tapes when she had time and would most likely get back to me in three days and if she didnt I should call back to find out what happened.

I am amazed by the level of unprofessionalism displayed from the intial associate up to the manager. Living Spaces needs to clean house in this department and hire people with customer service skills.

Product or Service Mentioned: Service Usa Vip Care Protection Plan.

I didn't like: Worst cusotmer service.

Living Spaces VIP Protection Plan is a SCAM

2.1
Style and Design

I have a similar problem with Living Spaces VIP protection plan. I bought a Summit Space Saver Bed last November.

The horizontal wood holding the bed cracked hence because of the stress, the 2 side pannels cracked where the screw is attached. I called Living Spaces and a lady from warranty department said my claim is denied because of " accumulation" . I asked what that means and she said that it happened different instances. I tried to explain that it indeed happen the same time and explained to her the effect of the stress on the horizontal bar.

All I got is "I understand, your claim is still denied because of accumulation." I read the VIP plan, no wonder she is stressing on "accumulation". It states that is not covered by their plan. However they cannot clearly define accumulation.

I am beyond dissapointed. I feel cheated.

Product or Service Mentioned: Service Usa Vip Care Protection Plan.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Living Spaces - Warranty issues a joke

2.0

We bought a sofa 2 years ago. At that same time we were talked into the Warranty they offer because, as the sales associate says, they cover everything.

Forward, 2 years, and now I am having trouble with one of the reclining sides of my sofa. You can feel what seems to be the springs when you sit on the couch. The Living Spaces representative comes out today and feels the couch and tells me they will have to replace the cushion on the couch. My comment was, wow that was easy.

He starts typing on his tablet, looks at me and asks me when i bought the sofa. I tell him and he says they will deliver the part to me in about 6 to 8 weeks. Then he tells me that this is not covered in the warranty. Springs are covered but this problem is the coils in the cushion.

He then goes on to tell me he had the same problem with his couch from Living Spaces. Very disappointed in the news. Very disappointed in the warranty from Living Spaces. I even asked if I could pay for the repair, and was told no.

Beware to buyers!

The warranty that they sell you probably will not cover anything you need to have repaired. Just a waste of money.

Product or Service Mentioned: Service Usa Vip Care Protection Plan.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Living spaces is a fraud company

We purchased our furniture on 8/6/16 and purchased VIP Care for 147.00 told us seam separation would be covered - we call for our first claim in March 2017 because the seams are becoming undone on all sofas - brand new sofas not even a year old -I have these in my formal living room which we don't use . they told us the service company was out of business they wouldn't cover our claim to call living spaces directly- which we are still paying.

We called living spaces gave us the run around by saying they didn't get the pictures to call back later , just giving us the run around on the claim 2months. I am emailing you to have my claim reviewed and we put a claim and living spaces advises us that it's not covered that we have to go thru the warranty department which now they are saying it's not going to be covered - bad customer service from both of these companies - I would like to have our claim reviewed.

And not delayed any longer .Because of all the bad reviews with living spaces and your warranty department something should be done or refund our money back. Please contact me back

Product or Service Mentioned: Service Usa Vip Care Protection Plan.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Comments

Chula Vista, California, United States #1339845

They came to my house to "fix" loose stitches- burned it off with a lighter. Looks worse than before.

Colored scuffs with a brown marker as "repair". Refunded my $99 to get rid of me and told me TOO BAD.